Who Is Tim Berners-Lee
- Sir Tim Berners Lee was born on June 8th 1955 in London, England.
- A graduate of Queen’s College, Oxford University, first class degree in physics.
- Holds academic posts at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology at CSAIL (Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab), (USA) and the University of Southampton (UK.)
- Receiving the first Queen’ Elizabeth Prize for Engineering in 2013.
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 2009.
- Received over 10 honorary doctorates, member of the Internet Hall of Fame.
- Awarded the Finland Millennium Prize in 2004.
- Awarded the UK’s Order of Merit – a personal gift of the monarch limited to just 24 living recipients.
- 100 Most Important People of the 20th Century.
Queen Elizabeth and Finland Millennium Award
Inventor of the World Wide Web
- He is a Founding Director of the World Wide Web Foundation.
- Director of the World Wide Web Consortium, a global Web standards organization he founded in 1994.
- Scientist, visionary, innovative, transformes almost every aspect of our lives.